Re[2]: libcurl version

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:08:58 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, Алексей via curl-library wrote:

> Thanks a lot, but I don’t need it. I can build it from sources but the
> problem is when it builds from sources there is no tests there

'make test' builds and runs all tests we have in the project. They're
extensive.

> and nobody guaranteed that it will be stable.

We maintain ABI and API compatibility with previous releases since 2006. Of
course there can still be mistakes and glitches, but they should be rare.

I would probably go as far as to say that we do guarantee this:
https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/abi.html

> I just need to know if libcurl.4.3.0 from the curl-7.29.0 fully compatible
> with libcurl.4.3.0 from curl-7.40 or 7.43 or it is not.

As said, if you upgrade your libcurl anyway, why not go all the way into a
modern version rather than just going from ancient to a very old version?
(7.43.0 was released in June 2015.)

> If they are compatible I don’t need to care about newest curl version in the
> target system. This is my problem, I don’t have enough to care about that.

Compatibility isn't everything. We've also fixed literally *thousands* of bugs
since 7.43.0, some of which might be of interest to you too...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!