Re: curl not thread-safe

From: Thierry HUCAHRD via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 11:47:01 +0100

Le 2020-01-07 11:23, Daniel Stenberg a écrit :
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2020, Thierry HUCAHRD via curl-library wrote:

Nothing dishonest, just interrogation! And I don't speak English very
well :)
> First: I find that a dishonest statement. curl is thread-safe with the
> caveats we've carfully documented:
> https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/threadsafe.html
If I use libcurl with GnuTLS I am thread-safe, even in a plugin?

>> Is the non tread-safe of curl_global_init and curl_global_cleanup
>> being resolved?
>
> They're not easily "solved" since the problems we have are not ours:
> they come from the third party libraries curl might be built to use.
>
> One take on this was started in https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4064
> but it hasn't resulted in any changes.
>
> If you or anyone has suggestions on how to improve the situation, I
> think I can safely say that many of us are interested.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

I'm disappointed with this restriction, and not happy about having to
re-implement with another bookstore.
I've seen exits and pull requests with no follow-up.

>> I've started replacing with libcups, so libcurl is not a good choice.
>
> If libcups uses the same 3rd party libraries (for TLS for example)
> that curl does, then libcups has the same problem (or no problem) but
> you might not have realized that yet...

Thank you for your answers!