Re: curl not thread-safe

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 11:23:22 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020, Thierry HUCAHRD via curl-library wrote:

First: I find that a dishonest statement. curl is thread-safe with the caveats
we've carfully documented: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/threadsafe.html

> Is the non tread-safe of curl_global_init and curl_global_cleanup being
> resolved?

They're not easily "solved" since the problems we have are not ours: they come
from the third party libraries curl might be built to use.

One take on this was started in https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4064 but it
hasn't resulted in any changes.

If you or anyone has suggestions on how to improve the situation, I think I
can safely say that many of us are interested.

> I've started replacing with libcups, so libcurl is not a good choice.

If libcups uses the same 3rd party libraries (for TLS for example) that curl
does, then libcups has the same problem (or no problem) but you might not have
realized that yet...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me