Re: Fwd: FW: Reg: Issue with libcurl (https call)

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 09:00:27 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019, karthikeyan Sivakkumar via curl-library wrote:

> 7. We re facing segmentation fault in the 'appending header' section
> itself. This behavior is consistent and dbx analysis as well as truss
> command output point to the same curl_slist_append() function call as the
> reason for the segmentation fault.

curl_slist_append() is a public libcurl function that has worked the same way
for many years and that's also unmodified since a long time.

It seems likely that this crash is caused by your application's use of this
function.

If you think differently, then please provide a stand-alone example source
code for a program that shows this problem reproduced.

> 8. We are suspecting that this might be an issue with the new libcurl
> version.

This function is frequently used by applications and even internally by
libcurl itself and yet nobody else has reported a problem with this function
and all our own tests and CI show it working just fine.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me