Re: Rare crashes when working with HTTP/2

From: Maksim Dmitrichenko via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 14:56:10 +0300

Hi again!

ср, 23 окт. 2019 г. в 17:09, Maksim Dmitrichenko <dmitrmax_at_gmail.com>:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm getting rare crashes inside curl but all of them have the same stack
> trace. Curl is 7.66. libnghttp2 is 1.31 (from epel on CentOS 7).
>
> As far as I understand this happens when there are multiple outstanding
> requests (and appropriate number of curl easy handles) on one HTTP/2
> connection (using multi interface). Some error happens on connections (may
> be RST received from server), and curl tries to close all of the nghttp2
> streams. When doing this, it gets curl easy handle from nghttp2_stream but
> it is invalid.

Looked throught libnghttp2 release notes and found that presumable fix was
done in libnghttp2 of version 1.32.1. Just for information for anyone who
discovers the same problem.

Question to devs: should HTTP/2 be disabled on buggy versions of
libnghttp2? I guess it can be done in runtime, since curl already gets
libnghttp2 version info.

--
With best regards
  Maksim Dmitrichenko