Re: ??????need help on using libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 22:52:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019, Ralph M wrote:

>>> I want to know if there is any option can set to not check the expire
>>> date
>>> of the certificate . Just like I can set CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST to not
>>> check the host name .
>>
>> No there isn't!

> Doesn't the --insecure option, and the equivalent libcurl setting, pretty
> much tell curl to ignore certificate validation problems, such as expired
> certs??

Oh sorry, you're perfectly right of course! I was thinking of an option that
*only* switches off the expire time check.

If you switch off CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, libcurl will completely ignore the
validity of the cert (apart from checking the name, which is controlled by
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST), including the expire date.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me