Re: ARM test 323 failure

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:13:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

>> The sad results is however that on this machine test 323 seems to work just
>> fine even if I try to repeat it mant times! :-O
>>
>> The particular machine I used features a "AArch64 Processor rev 1
>> (aarch64)" in a board called "APM X-Gene Mustang".
>
> The other ones to try is GCC117 or GCC118. They are roughly the same Aarch64
> machines, but with CRC+Crypto. The Mustang boards lack the cpu features.

I've now also ran test 323 on gcc117 and the test works fine for me there too.

I noticed however that if I try to use valgrind for the tests on this machine,
not a single TLS-related test seems to work. Calling RAND_status() in the
OpenSSL 1.1.0l version triggers an 'Illegal instruction' error which sounds
pretty bad! =(

On gcc115 I could run 323 even with valgrind, but it sports OpenSSL 1.0.1f
which I have no idea if it makes a difference or not.

So, to sum it up: I still have no idea why test 323 fails on travis arm64!

(Just for the record: I had to build and use my own stunnel for the curl test
suite to run.)

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me