Re: Sharing DNS cache between multi handles

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:13:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019, Denis Chapligin via curl-library wrote:

> "Note that when you use the multi interface, all easy handles added to the
> same multi handle will share DNS cache by default without using this
> option."
>
> But do several multi handles share same DNS cache or do they create their
> own DNS caches for each multi handle, shared only for the owned easy
> handles?

Each multi handle has its own DNS cache that by default will be shared by all
the easy handles that are added to it.

You can't tell multi handles to share DNS cache with other multi handles, but
you can control how each easy handle gets and uses its cache!

With the share interface you can select which easy handles that should share
DNS cache and then you can make easy handles from different multi handles
share the same cache.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me