Re: Windows Aarch64 build

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:09:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019, Michał Janiszewski via curl-library wrote:

> I've prepared Windows Aarch64 build that you can find here:
> https://gist.github.com/janisozaur/584f5e04485b7d3a7b29b6fb4db3584b#file-curl-exe
> It is 7.66 release, built with WinSSL, using MSVC2019 and the CMake project.
> Is there any interest in linking to it from
> https://curl.haxx.se/download.html? Should I do anything else
> regarding how the package is compiled or distributed?

Thanks for your consideration!

I think you could do a few things to improve what you're offering:

  1 - package the binary in a zip or similar and bundle some basic information
      about it - like what SSL (version) it is built to use, other
      dependencies, perhaps some basic docs and the license etc.

  2 - make sure that the version number is clearly visible on the web page and
      in the download file itself. Our download page works best when our
      automated bot can poll the download pages itself and figure out what
      version you're offering - as I assume you want to keep the download
      package up to date going forward.

  3 - that page is a github gist, which has a rather user hostile URL. Are you
      going to keep that as the fixed URL for your curl packages also going
      forward?

  4 - make sure you can produce your packages with a script so that it gets
      easier to do subsequent packages. We release a new curl every eight weeks
      after all!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me