Procedure to use libcurl without CURL_GLOBAL_SSL

From: Dipak B via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 12:04:15 +0530

Hi,

Can you please share any inputs on the following?

- What are the steps to initialise libcurl without CURL_GLOBAL_SSL?
Could not find answer to this after spending time on this.

-The documentation states that when CURL_GLOBAL_SSL is not used then
initialisation of SSL layer needs to be done by application or atleast
outside of libcurl.

-This initialisation depends on TLS backend used by libcurl which for me is
OpenSSL in Fips mode.

- However, I could not find any notes on exact steps. I am using only
libcurl easy interface.

-My understanding is to call OpenSSL APIs for initialisation of TLS but
then I will have to link to OpenSSL too. Presently, I am linking with
static libcurl only.
Will this work? Is this the correct understanding?

- What are steps to initialise TLS layer without using CURL_GLOBAL_SSL?

- Waiting eagerly for any inputs on this and another question. Appreciate
your help.

Thank you.