Re: How to do optimal FTP upload for multiple files?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 17:55:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019, Taras Kushnir wrote:

> I disabled UPLOAD_BUFFERSIZE and after upgrade 3 different users reported
> that now they upload without issues (libcurl 7.65.3).

That certainly indicates we have a bug in there somewhere...

> The thing is that libcurl uploads whole file (confirmed by parsing
> Content-Length from), however, it times out and then it tries to resume
> transfer, however, 100% of the file is transferred.

Are you sure this is actually libcurl that tries to resume? I can't recall
that we have code that does this.

> Do you have any recommendations?
>
> Is it safe to hack it in a way if we confirm 100% is transferred by parsing
> content-length, but no server confirmation (226, if I’m not mistaken), is it
> still safe to consider it as “done” or not really? Under typical
> circumstances it would not, but just within given context, when for some
> reason we time out after.

This is probably the same control connection time-out I've already spoken of.
When the transfer takes time, some networks will have killed the control
connection by the time the transfer is done and then libcurl will get a
time-out on that one.

If that's a situation you can detect and then ignore, then it is up to you to
do that.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me