Re: How to do optimal FTP upload for multiple files?

From: Taras Kushnir via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:38:22 +0000

Hi again

I disabled UPLOAD_BUFFERSIZE and after upgrade 3 different users reported that now they upload without issues (libcurl 7.65.3).

However, there’s another interesting problem from another user (in attached log, only libcurl trace). The thing is that libcurl uploads whole file (confirmed by parsing Content-Length from), however, it times out and then it tries to resume transfer, however, 100% of the file is transferred.

Do you have any recommendations?

Is it safe to hack it in a way if we confirm 100% is transferred by parsing content-length, but no server confirmation (226, if I’m not mistaken), is it still safe to consider it as “done” or not really? Under typical circumstances it would not, but just within given context, when for some reason we time out after.

Thanks,
Taras