Re: Stuck in poll on network disconnect

From: Magdy, Marco via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 16:51:25 +0000

On 6/12/19, 11:15 PM, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

    This is curious. Since a34c7ce754 curl should build without using poll and
    instead use select if built with configure (and since 6aa9cfa2b also in
    cmake). poll on macOS has a long and sad story so everyone is typically better
    off avoiding it there.

    But since you say you can reproduce on Linux too, I doubt that's the reason.

I'm a little confused. The commit SHA(s) you referenced above show disabling poll on
MacOS. And the problem does _not_ happen on MacOS.

HAVE_POLL_FINE is true on Linux. And on Linux, the problem is reproduceable.

So, it seems that poll is the problem. Is there a way I can turn it off to test that
theory?

Thank you,

Marco