Re: Stuck in poll on network disconnect

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:14:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019, Magdy, Marco via curl-library wrote:

> timeout to 0 and relying on the low-speed-time and low-speed-limit options
> to determine if a connection has stalled.

> However, we're encountering a problem (that happens 50-ish% of the time)
> when the connection is lost; we see libcurl stuck with the following stack
> trace:

> poll 0x00007f2441f4e74d

This is curious. Since a34c7ce754 curl should build without using poll and
instead use select if built with configure (and since 6aa9cfa2b also in
cmake). poll on macOS has a long and sad story so everyone is typically better
off avoiding it there.

But since you say you can reproduce on Linux too, I doubt that's the reason.

> So, is this a bug? What is your guidance otherwise?

It certainly sounds like bug, but I don't recognize it as something we've
fixed.

Please file on issue on github and tell us how we can proceed to reproduce it!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me