curl on docker hub

From: James Fuller via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 08:06:10 +0200

update on curl docker - testing things on my fork here
  https://github.com/xquery/curl-docker
and automation with travis
  https://travis-ci.org/xquery/curl-docker

which will also be responsible for pushing docker images to hub.docker.com

seeking advice/thoughts on a few open questions:

* are we ok with a simple Makefile (guessing yes, the alternates are
infinite in terms of lots of tooling which I would rather not distract
with)

* added a lint, test and security scan target to makefiles

* there will be several top level roots (ex. like alpine) ... any
preferences of what environments to focus on first

* there will be platform arch derivatives showing up (ex. amd under
alpine/latest ) ... for the purposes of defining docker manifests to
enable multiarch

* what naming scheme for docker images - presuming we get curl org
from docker hub... something like curl/curl-alpine:latest seems the
most obvious

* what features to build as default is the biggest burning question

orig poster (Olliver Schinagl) had suggested

./configure \
--disable-ldap \
--enable-ipv6 \
--enable-unix-sockets \
--prefix=/usr \
--with-libssh2 \
--with-nghttp2 \
--with-pic \
--with-ssl \
--without-libidn \
--without-libidn2 \

which seems specific to his needs.

put another way - what features do we want enabled by default docker
image ... we could contemplate additional images that have 'all
features' enabled.

thx in advance for any advice.

Jim