Re: schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 18:50:57 -0500

On 1/4/2019 12:04 PM, Salisbury, Mark via curl-library wrote:

> This error message is actually pretty helpful:
>

> Trying https://www.hollywood-mal.de/ <https://www.hollywood-mal.de/> OK!
> Trying https://www.hollywood-mal.com/ <https://www.hollywood-mal.com/>
> FAIL: 35 schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown
> error (0x80092013) - Die Sperrfunktion konnte die Sperrung nicht
> überprüfen, da der Sperrserver offline war. (NB: In English the error
> is probably "schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown
> error (0x80092013) - The revocation function was unable to check
> revocation because the revocation server was offline.")
>

> I checked the CRL distribution point for both sites (you can see this
> info in the details of the site’s certificate), it’s the same:
>

> [1]CRL Distribution Point
>
>      Distribution Point Name:
>
>           Full Name:
>
>                URL=http://crl.starfieldtech.com/sfig2s1-103.crl
>

> I copied your code, compiled it, and tested it:
>

> C:\Users\MASALI1\source\repos\Debug>curl-test.exe
>
> Trying https://www.hollywood-mal.de/ OK!
>
> Trying https://www.hollywood-mal.com/ OK!
>

> So it looks like it was a temporary problem.  Is the problem
> continuing for you?

Works here as well. I suggest figure out why Windows can't contact the
revocation servers. It's not curl that makes those connections. If you
really have to disable revocation checking recent versions have
--ssl-no-revoke [1] and CURLSSLOPT_NO_REVOKE [2].

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#--ssl-no-revoke
[2]: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_SSL_OPTIONS.html