Re: AW: "configure --with-zlib=<path>" does not work correctly

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 23:28:29 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018, Alexander.Elgert_at_external.t-systems.com wrote:

> There is no hint why the system libz is used at all, so my guess was the gcc
> asks the linker to do it "right" and the linker uses some default paths -
> but I still dont know why.

The configure script finds the zlib in your custom directory and when you
build curl and libcurl it points out that lib. Your config.log shows this.

Is it that you get the system zlib when your app uses this libcurl? If so, the
problem is your /etc/ld.so.conf path that makes ld.so find the wrong one
first, or set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Alternatively you rebuild libcurl with "-Wl,-rpath,$path" to the zlib
directory.