Re: CII Best practices

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:26:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, Sean MacLennan wrote:

>> - This seems to basically require Signed-off-by: in every commit

> I'm not sure this would be much of a hassle. Yes, at first you are going to
> have to send a lot of "great patch, please add a SOB line", but I think
> developers are getting used to these.

Yeah, I too think we could learn to use them. The question is rather if we
think they actually add value to the project.

I'm curious if there's actually anyone who did any deeper legal checks of
wether that line actually makes any difference in jurisdictions compared to
merely having that "sign-off" implied by the fact that you send the patch to
us.

I mean, people just add that line automatically anyway. How does that make any
difference if someone comes after us years later claiming that a commit should
wrongfully merged into the project?