Re: Building libcurl with GSkit on AIX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 00:39:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, Richard Gray wrote:

> I see that the three builds of curl for AIX on the downloads page [2] are
> all built against OpenSSL. I take that as a hint that maybe GSKit is not
> commonly used in third party software on AIX?

My guess is that you won't find enough AIX users here with the knowledge to
confirm or deny...

> Is there a table somewhere which lists TLS package availability by operating
> system, particularly noting any pre-installed TLS packages which would then
> be available out of the box? I expect OpenSSL to be present on most Linux
> systems. Secure Channel on Windows, Secure Transport on iOS/MacOS...
>
> Ah, in the curl Compare SSL libraries table [3], is QSOSSL = GSKit? And
> there "IBM i" is listed as the single supporting platform... I guess this
> is the practical answer?

I believe QSOSSL was the library we supported for OS/400 before gskit and
nobody has updated the table with that info since. I'm afraid I don't know
anything about either and the little I've tried to google these packets in the
past has not made me any wiser!

> [2] https://curl.haxx.se/download.html (p.s. Danial, curiously, the Download
> link on the header of curl.haxx.se pages does not link to this page...)

The top-left "download" link on the curl web site links to
https://curl.haxx.se/download.html for me!