RE: Building on Windows: zlib library names in winbuild/MakeBuild.vc

From: Richard Alcock <richard.alcock_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 13:57:48 +0000

> A much better PR would be one which allowed the file name to be provided on the nmake line.

That's true, but a good default is still important even when there are
extra ways to configure the behaviour. And from what I can tell the
defaults are wrong in this case (willing to be told otherwise).

I'd also love to see a PR that allows the location for each dependency
separately - like with configure on Linux where
"--with-ssl=OPENSSL_ROOT" is possible.

If there is a PR in the works that addresses these, that's great.

But unless that's imminent, it would be great (for me at least!) to
get this smaller PR in so I don't need to maintain it separately.

--
Richard