Certificate update question

From: Dave S via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:21:51 -0800

One of the services I deal with has posted this notice:

<quote edited=true>
The certificates for TBD Portal (tbd.tbdservice.com) and MainTBD Portal (*.
tbdservice.com) will be updated Jan 17, 2018 due to Google’s plan to
distrust certificates issued prior to 6/1/2016 under the Symantec
infrastructure. Please install the new certificate on your systems before
the renewal date and test your integrations in TBD before Feb 14, 2018.
</quote>

I don't see anything I have to do on my development systems -- the browser
should handle the certificate update for me, right? But on many of the
systems where my code is deployed, there is no reason to expect the users
to view web pages from that server, so the browser won't have a need to
update those certs. I currently don't do anything explicit about certs,
letting libcurl find the system defaults. Do I need to take action, and if
so ... what? Or will it all get worked out for me behind the curtain?

Dave S
/dps

--
test signature -- please apply at front gate on Tuesdays only.