Re: libcurl usage outputs entire CA cert bundle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 23:29:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Andrew Gale wrote:

> When making a POST request as follows, every certificate in the cacert.pem
> bundle is output before the response:

> Could this be caused by the server instead of libcurl?

Curious!

I'd blame the SSL library. That's the only component involved that actually
knows of the entire CA cert bundle. libcurl lets the SSL library deal with it
and never gets to know the entire thing, and the server is completely in the
dark as it only sends its own certificate(s) in the handshake.