CURL support for new SSL library

From: Mackey ME via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:52:59 -0500

Hi,

We have some applications developed using cURL. We have moved from using
openssl to another ssl library which is not supported by cURL.
Now I am in the process of adding the new ssl wrapper under vtls/xx_ssl.c
and xx_ssl.h.

I would like to know which ssl should I take the reference from? My new
xx_ssl is based on openssl and Wolfssl. I am looking into the openssl.c and
cyassl.c and found some differences and also there are some configurations
and calls which are not part of my library.

If I have to start with simple implementation of new ssl, where do I begin
and would like to know if there is any documentation or procedure (flow
chart, architecture, guidelines, etc) on adding a new ssl library to curl.

Thanks,

Manoj