Re: R: Compiling curl on AS400 with ILE C

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 01:50:40 +0100

On 10/16/2017 09:31 PM, Franco Lombardo via curl-library wrote:

>> For confirmation of proper ASCII compilation, Maybe look at the externally referenced symbol names using DSPMOD on this module: qadrt procedure >names have a mangled form (something as fputc_a or a_fputc, I don't remember exactly).
> Yes, on the module FILE there are those symbols (fputc_a, fread_a) that are unresolved.

This is good news: it means it is properly compiled for qadrt and it
confirms the nested inclusion of regular header files.

> The SRVPGM has not been created. Here is the final part of the logs.
> CPD5D1D: * MODULE WARNLESS object in CURL library not found.
Module WARNLESS failed to compile. You should find compilation errors
for it in the log file.
I suspect the problem is the recent addition of symbol SIZEOF_LONG (not
yet defined in lib/config-os400.h: should be '#define SIZEOF_LONG 4').
But there may be other problems.
> CPD5D1D: * VTLS MODULE object in CURL library not found.
In this module too, there are recent changes. Again, the compile log for
module VTLS will tell the errors.
> CPD5D1D: * SRVPGM QZDMMDTA object in QSOC library not found.
Really don't know where it comes from: QZDMMDTA is not required by the
curl makefile thus, if really needed, it is probably a dependence of
some other service program and is not installed on your system (IBM
option?). I tried to google it, but there is very few details about it
(although other people have had this message too). Maybe ignore it at
first, and if it still fails when everything else is OK, we'll investigate.

> CPD5CE5: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 46: *** ERROR Undefined Symbol: 'curl_global_sslset'
This is in module VTLS that failed compiling.

> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 93: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_version_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 94: ******** Duplicating symbols on previous export: 'curl_easy_escape_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 95: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_easy_unescape_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 96: ******** Duplicate symbols on previous export: 'curl_slist_append_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC Line 97: ******** Dubbing Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_getdate_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 98: ******** Duplicating symbols on previous export: 'curl_version_info_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 99: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_easy_strerror_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC Line 100: ******** Duplicating Symbols on Previous Export: 'curl_share_strerror_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 101: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_multi_strerror_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 102: ******** Duplicate symbols on previous export: 'curl_easy_getinfo_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC Line 103: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_formadd_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 104: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_form_long_value'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC Line 105: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_formget_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 106: ******** Duplicate symbols on previous export: 'curl_easy_setopt_ccsid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 107: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_certinfo_free_all'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC Line 108: ******** Dubbing Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_pushheader_bynum_cssid'
> CPD5CE0: CURL / TOOLS.BNDSRC line 109: ******** Duplicating Previous Export Symbols: 'curl_pushheader_byname_ccsid'
Strange: it looks like the content of ccsidcurl.h has been parsed twice.
Are you sure you did not copy it to the source ./include/curl directory
? In any case, these are warnings and can be ignored: the only thing
that might occur is the symbols order in the srvpgm may not be what is
primarily intended. which could cause compatibility problems when you
upgrade to a new version... but you're still not at this stage !
> CPD5D02: Definition not found for the 'Curl_ssl_connect_nonblocking' symbol.
> CPD5D02: Definition not found for the 'curlx_sltosi' symbol.
> CPD5D02: Definition not found for the 'Curl_ssl_connect_nonblocking' symbol.
> [....]
> CPD5D02: Definition not found for the 'curlx_ultouc' symbol.
> CPD5D02: Definition not found for the 'curlx_uztoui' symbol.
> CPD5D02: Definition not found for the 'curlx_sltosi' symbol.
These are entry points in the failed modules VTLS and WARNLESS: this
will be OK when compilations of those modules succeed.

I suggest you post the error log for modules VTLS and WARNLESS
compilations and I can try to fix the problems "blindly" (not in the
master repo at first, of course!), so you can test. Eventually, you can
post the whole log as a (maybe zipped) attachment.

Have you a way to apply source patches ? Can you work with github clones ?

Patrick