Re: Compiling curl on AS400 with ILE C

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:14:01 +0100

On 10/16/2017 06:25 PM, Franco Lombardo via curl-library wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't get out from this problem. I think there's something wrong in
> the import path, as if the compiler didn't get the *INCDIRFIRST still
> using '/QIBM/include before' '/qibm/proddata/qadrt/include'
>
> I attach below the first lines of my make log file.
>
> CPFA0A9: The object was not found. The object is / curl / docs / HISTORY.
This one above is not very important: the doc file name changed (now
HISTORY.md) and it just not gets copied. You can ignore.

> CPC7301: File H created in the CURL library.
> CPI2101: The CURL object was created in CURL * FILE type.
> CPC2130: 1 object duplicate.
> CZM1001: __tmpsrcf.c, 7.107: CZM0356 (10) The compilation unit is empty.
> CZS0614: Warnings were issued during compilation.
This one is normal: this is just an identification module that has
neither code nor data.

> CZS0607: The OS400 module was created in the CURL library on 16/10/17
> at 19:14:09.
> CZS0607: The OS400SYS module was created in the CURL library on
> 16/10/17 at 19:14:10.
> CZS0607: The CCSIDCURL module was created in the CURL library on
> 16/10/17 at 19:14:12.
> CZM1001: /QIBM/include/ifs.h, 383.18: CZM0383 (10) It is expected that
> "fputc" is an external identifier.
> CZM1001: /QIBM/include/ifs.h, 385.18: CZM0383 (10) Fread is expected
> to be an external identifier.
> CZM1001: /QIBM/include/ifs.h, 388.18: CZM0383 (10) It is expected that
> "fwrite" is an external identifier.
> CZS0614: Warnings were issued during compilation.
I've never seen those before. Are you sure you
/QIBM/proddata/qadrt/include is populated ?
Another possible reason is, AFAICR, the qadrt header files might
themselves include /QIBM/include regular header files explicitly.
May the compiler version I had 1 year ago did'nt have this message yet
(V6R1 if I remember well). Anyway and after all, these are warnings only
(level 10) and the result might be OK. You have to check further.
> CZS0607: The FILE module was created in the CURL library on 16/10/17
> at 19:14:13.
For confirmation of proper ASCII compilation, Maybe look at the
externally referenced symbol names using DSPMOD on this module: qadrt
procedure names have a mangled form (something as fputc_a or a_fputc, I
don't remember exactly).

As long as you only have warnings (at least in the log slice you show
us), there's no proof of real problem. Does the SRVPGM build finally
succeed ? Did you try it ?

Patrick