Re: Mime API landed in github master

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 12:30:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 Sep 2017, Patrick Monnerat via curl-library wrote:

> - test1135 is disabled: a better solution than getting CURL_EXTERNs has to
> be found in the future to determine entry points order in DLLs. For now, I
> think the best solution will be an SONAME bump (not yet done). Your opinion
> ?

The SONAME bump would only be required for OS/400 and VMS as far as I can tell
(those are the systems specifically mentioned we created test1135 for). I
think it is very important to not bump it for the systems that don't need to
bump it. SONAME bumps are sensitive things.

I'm interested in discussing this issue with someone who builds/uses VMS or
OS/400 but I suspect we don't have an overy large amount of such users hanging
out on this list.

Now, since we've already disabled 1135 I think we should also move out
Johannes' multissl-function prototype from multi.h since it was put there only
to not break 1135. I'll make a separate PR for that.