Re: target-independent libcurl headers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:56:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017, Rahul Sabnis wrote:

> I am trying to build libcurl shared library and try some basic examples
> using curl 7.54.0. It built successfully on all platforms I tried (Linux,
> Solaris, AIX, HP-UX).

> "/rpool/ldom/buildsol/export/home/builder/testbuilds/libcurl/exports/include/curl/curlrules.h",
> line 138: zero or negative subscript
> "/rpool/ldom/buildsol/export/home/builder/testbuilds/libcurl/exports/include/curl/curlrules.h",
> line 148: zero or negative subscript
> cc: acomp failed for http_post.c

And you did these steps:

  $ ./configure
  $ make
  $ make install

... to get those headers installed?

> On AIX and HP-UX, I see similar errors, related to same header file.

Are you saying that you're including the *same* header files when building for
multiple target systems? That's not going to work.

Others have managed to build curl on these systems before, so I'd suspect that
there's just something wrong happening for you.

> Question is, since the new release is related to target independent headers,
> will the above problem be addressed if I use newer version i.e. 7.55.0 ?

The headers are different now (in git master) so this error can't happen, no.
From 7.55.0, building for multiple systems using the same physical header file
setup works.