FTPS: "SSL certificate problem: Invalid certificate chain" error

From: Leo <leo.r_at_rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 19:09:12 -0400

Hi all,

I did extensive googling trying to solve this issue - but with no luck
so far.

macOS Sierra
libcurl/7.51.0

Here's the details of the problem:

-I'm trying to connect to an FTPS server
-CURLOPT_FTP_SSL, CURLFTPSSL_ALL
-CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST: false
-CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER: false
-I'm getting generic error (Server denied you to change to the given
directory)
-If I set CURLOPT_VERIFYPEER to true, I get this error: "SSL certificate
problem: Invalid certificate chain"

-When I use Cyberduck and FileZilla, I get an "invalid certificate"
warning which lets me either view certificate OR connect ignoring
certificate

I don't have issues connecting to other FTPS servers with curl.

What am I missing?

How can I connect to this server with an option to bypass the
certificate warning?

Thanks for any help!

Leo