Re: proposed changes for winbuild makefile

From: Dave S <snidely.too_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:15:38 -0800

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Rod Widdowson <rdw_at_steadingsoftware.com> wrote:
> Surely someone other than Kees and I actually deploy on Windows?
> I find it extraordinarily frustrating when Daniel or I or Kees put in a proposal
> and all we hear is emptiness.

I am trying to follow along as a reader, but it's been a couple of years
since I tried building curl libraries on Windows.
VCX files are an art form that requires a certain amount of continued focus
to maintain any skill.

For various reasons, I have been encouraged to stick with
native Windows networking in the actual product,
although I use curl.exe (usually one of the pre-built ones referenced
on the curl site)
as a testing tool,
and the Linux version of the product uses libcurl.

/dps