RE: patch release tomorrow

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 12:54:45 +0100

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> It is quite possible that the next release following 7.50.1 also will become a
> patch release since we don't have any particular changes queued up (that would
I've already push Bill's mbedTLS NTLM addition and I'm hoping to get Sergei's LDAP change pushed this weekend (although I might to step up and finish the documentation side off!).
Is this enough for a major bump as I probably need to quote version numbers in the docs for LDAP?
> require a minor number bump) and there's just one week left until the official
> cut-off date for the change window.

I've also been wondering about this process...
I know we have our 8 week release cycle but when a patch release eats into this, I would rather reset the 8 week cycle so it starts in full from that patch release date - I appreciate it means updating the calendar and it means you can't guarantee a release on say 22 February 2017, but I would be interested to know what others think as it would allow more time to get features in.
From a totally selfish point of view, as I am struggling to dedicate time to curl at the moment, it would certainly help me ;-)
Kind Regards
Steve