Re: patch release tomorrow

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 23:27:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016, Richard Gray wrote:

>> Possibly most notable: we're reverting the change that modified the CURL,
>> CURLM and CURLSH types and they go back to be 'void *' unless you define
>> CURL_STRICTER before including our headers.
>
> I wonder if there's an itch that wants to be scratched in terms of a
> curl_lite.h or #define CURL_MINIMAL or something...

Maybe. But I prefer not to act on something like that until we get someone who
actually have that itch come here and advocate for something like that so that
we A) are sure there truly are people who want and would use something like
that and B) we would do it in a way that would accurately scratch the itches
of such people...