Re: patch release tomorrow

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 23:22:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> I don't think that is the lesson here. I recall it has happened more than
> once that a file needed by a release is missing. The lesson I think would be
> to build from the planned release tarball prior to the actual release to
> make sure it builds and all the tests complete successfully.

I consider that to be more of the last resort. It would be much better if we
built a system that would detect such problems as early as possible instead of
having me have to hunt them down at releast time... If the test suite detects
them, it also shows up already for pull-requests etc which is lovely!