Re: sftp download error in 7.49.1

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 03:10:01 -0400

On 7/22/2016 2:53 PM, Dan Donahue wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 16:15 -0400, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:
>> >Can you do a bisect though?
>> >Your original report does not have enough information
> My last email implicitly indicates a bisection of the releases in
> question 7.44.0 (works) to 7.49.1 (doesnt work). Again, it first occurs
> in 7.45.0.
>
> Are you asking me to bisect the changes in 7.45.0?

Yes, we are referring to a git bisect of the curl repository
https://github.com/curl/curl.git

git bisect start
git bisect bad curl-7_49_1
git bisect good curl-7_44_0

A commit will be checked out. Build but no install (./buildconf &&
./configure <opts> && make). Confirm libcurl and curl versions match
(src/curl -V and compare curl and libcurl versions). Download file
(src/curl sftp://foo). Mark each commit good (no performance problem),
bad (problem) or skip (failed to build).

git bisect good
git bisect bad
git bisect skip

Another commit will be checked out, and repeat from that point. The
bisect is approximated at 9 steps. Assume each step about 1-2min a
build, plus however long it takes you to download the file. When done to
cleanup and reset to the commit before bisecting do git bisect reset