Aw: Re: (Secure) Websockets using libcurl

From: Patrick Rathje <PatrickRathje_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 01:09:46 +0200

> If I assume that there is no other way of achieving the reuse of an open TCP-Connection between two handles:
> Is there a way to parse the HTTP-Headers using the built-in libcurl functions? Or does one have to parse the Headers manually?

I thought about this and it would be ironic to parse http manually if I already got libcurl running.
The use of another standalone library like libwebsockets is a bad idea too (second HTTP-Parsing, second connection management, second encryption).

I think that there has to be a way of how to make use of an already open TCP Connection or to set the open tcp connection to "CONNECT_ONLY" after the inital HTTP-Handshake...

I tried setting the CONNECT_ONLY flag while the handle is still performing, but got "CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL" as a result.
I tried closing the http-handle (while preserving the socket) and then open another handle on the same socket, but could not get the second handle to work (CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT).

A solution which does not require a libcurl recompile is really appreciated ;)

Sincerely,

Patrick Rathje