Forcing curl auto_decoding

From: Mike Hommey <mh-curl_at_glandium.org>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 09:59:06 +0900

Hi,

I'm currently implementing the client part of the mercurial HTTP
protocol on top of libcurl. One of the peculiarities of the mercurial
HTTP protocol is that the response to a getbundle command is a chunked
deflate stream, which would be all fine if the response headers
would indicate the content is deflated, but they don't.

I double checked that if I hack the mercurial server code to add
chunked", using curl --compressed on the command line does the right
thing and returns the inflated content, while it doesn't with an
unmodified mercurial server.

Is there any way I can trick libcurl into doing the decoding as if the
response headers indicated the stream is deflated? It would be a bummer
if I need to handle the inflate on my own, duplicating functionality
that is already there in libcurl...

Cheers,

Mike