Re: libcurl with Codeblocks

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 13:45:25 -0400

On 5/5/2016 12:20 PM, as df wrote:
> I have short code where this appears:
>
> curl = curl_easy_init();
>
> In this FAQ http://tinyurl.com/jqmlmsj it tells me to point to the
> folder where my compiled library is. I don't have a compiled libary.
>
> Where do I get one? I have downloaded curl-7.48.0.zip
>
> In my C-Program #include <curl/curl.h> works. I'm using Codeblocks. I
> guess you can not help me because this is a IDE specified problem. :(
>
> I only have a folder libcurl4-7.48.0-1 and there is a file: cygcurl-4.dll.
>
> But I guess I need *.a *.lib files. In my curl folder there is
> curl\lib\libcurl.rc for example.
>
> It looks like I don't have libcurl files on my computer. But I have
> downloaded curl where libcurl is included???

It sounds like you downloaded the cygwin version and the source
(curl-7.48.0.zip) and what you want is a mingw build. There's one or two
of those on the download page. Try:

https://bintray.com/artifact/download/vszakats/generic/curl-7.48.0-win32-mingw.7z

Unzip that somewhere, then make sure the include directory you are using
is that include directory, and remove any of the others you added for
curl. Do the same thing with lib.