Re: Creating a curl organization on github?

From: Alessandro Ghedini <alessandro_at_ghedini.me>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 16:59:44 +0000

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 04:55:07pm +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> - Moving it away from my personal repo list will allow me to do pull requests
> to the project in the same style anyone else can, which is great for
> reviewing and commenting as well as experimenting with new things. github
> doesn't allow me to fork my own repos so as long as I known the repos, I
> can't do pull-requests!

FWIW, I think you can create pull requests from branches inside the repository
itself. Just saying :)

> Unfortunately, the short name 'curl' is taken on github so the organization
> name would have to become "curlproject", "curlproj" or something like that.
> I don't consider that to be a very big deal though.

The GitHub team is sometimes willing to move ownership of an account to someone
else if the original "owner" is inactive. That's how I got my user name.

Contacting GitHub may be worth a try before doing this:
https://help.github.com/articles/name-squatting-policy/

Cheers