Re: TLS certificate verification

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 21:51:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015, (( \/\/|||"'""/'")) ((\"""" )) (( ))\\\"\\"\ wrote:

> Libcurl is just a wrapper around OpenSSL

This thread is about libcurl calling the write callback, and nothing at all
about its TLS functionality. What exactly are you replying to or about?

I helped you now by changing the subject to something more appropriate to
what you seem to be talking about.

> and forgive me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the only original
> functionality libcurl has is to verify certificates (which doesn't work that
> well either... try verifying yahoo's cert...).

All HTTPS clients check certificates (or should at least), that's hardly
original on libcurl's part.

If you have *constructive* ideas and suggestions on how to improve things I'm
all ears.

I tried 'curl https://www.yahoo.com/' just now, worked flawlessly. In what way
is libcurl's design to blame for any problem with any TLS certificates?