Re: CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION function getting called multiple time even the complete http response body is only 2155 bytes

From: ( \\/\\/|||\ <simplesec2012_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:05:28 -0300

Libcurl is just a wrapper around OpenSSL, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but
it looks like the only original functionality libcurl has is to verify
certificates (which doesn't work that well either... try verifying yahoo's
cert...).

I had this same problem using libcurl and their awkward, over complicated
callback scheme.

OpenSSL has sockets more or less identical to send()/recv() API, so you can
read data directly from a socket, and no need to deal with header callback,
body callback, write callback, blah blah etc.

IMHO - while correct to libcurl's functions Ray Satiro's answer highlights
how incredibly over complicated such simple tasks are w/libcurl.

This code has faults but is enough to get you started. You can get size,
etc straight from the socket.

http://savetheions.com/2010/01/16/quickly-using-openssl-in-c/

If you want to roll code yourself to verify certs, you can find a lot of
info/links to various code samples on OpenSSL's site.