Re: the new site layout went live

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:31:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015, Michael Osipov wrote:

> Just checked. It looks like one step ahead and two steps back. .menuitem is
> #ffffff on a white background.

I think that only happens on pages that were generated with the old templates
but using the new CSS. Like archived mailing list pages - I'll get those fixed
too, once most of the other stuff settles.

New layout pages get white text on blue in the top menu.

> Content has no padding to the border.

You mean there's no margin? I know apparently chrome beta and Android may
render it completely without margin but I have no idea why since Chrome and
Firefox on linux seem to do fine.

I also centered the main content now.

> I'd rather pick the previous one because I feel completely lost with this
> new design.

I can't please everyone. This is not a job that is ever done, I intend to keep
improving from here. It is also okay to feel lost with the new design, I do
too. It will take a little while to adjust.