Re: web site polish

From: Tor Arntsen <kspt.tor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 12:43:10 +0200

On 9 June 2015 at 11:47, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> I'm now experimenting with moving the menu to the top instead (called
> version E) since I think it gives roughly the same "clean" feeling but
> without hiding the menu AND it works really good on tiny screens at the same
> time.
>
> See https://github.com/bagder/curl/wiki/2015-web-site-bump#version-e

E looks OK, unless the menu will become one of those that "follows"
you as you scroll down.. they are terrible, especially on mobile
devices (I always read the desktop version of websites on mobile
devices because the mobile versions are generally too stripped-down,
and they nearly all suffer from not being zoomable - and zoomable is
exactly what you need for mobile devices. So paradoxically mobile
versions of sites are often unreadable on mobile devices. Unless they
look like slashdot.org/palm. A good normal (aka "desktop") version is
generally better for all)

-Tor