Re: retrieving negotiated ssl/tls version

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 23:45:00 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015, bch wrote:

> OpenSSL and DarwinSSL w/ suggestions from Steve re: style.
>
> Comments welcome.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for my slowness here. My comments in a somewhat
random order:

1 - Please run 'make checksrc' and fix all nits before you post a patch. There
     were several minor formatting quirks. I fixed them.

2 - Please add the necessary section to the curl_easy_getinfo.3 man page

3 - Why make set_ssl_version_long() in openssl.c take a struct connectdata *
     parameter? Wouldn't a struct SessionHandle straight away make more sense?

4 - The darwinssl version of set_ssl_version_long() seems to not even compile.
     It uses a 'connssl' variable that isn't declared!

Finally, I'm attaching my slightly edited version of your diff as a git
commit. It'll be convenient if you keep it a commit and you just send a full
new patch (as git format-patch outputs) when you have done your ammends to it!