RE: [RELEASE] curl and libcurl 7.40.1

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:54:47 +0000

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Jonathan C. wrote:

> > So I take it the fix in the pull request fixes the problem for you?
>
> It does. In reality I just saw the pull request after you posted the
> release notes.

I have now commented on the bug report and await feedback from Grant (The author of the report and PR) and assigned the bug to myself.

However, as a side note I am a little surprised that SSPI doesn't set the realm based on the one in the challenge when the domain from the credentials structure is blank.

I personally was testing my changes using Single Sign On by specifying "-u :" to curl (as that was why I developed the change) or testing it with a specific domain name in the username.

Whilst I have a fair amount of SSPI knowledge I certainly don't know everything and, unfortunately, I found Microsoft documentation on Digest a little scarce in places :(

As such if anyone knows if it is possible to obtain the realm from the challenge (using SSPI based functions rather than decoding it ourselves) I would love to hear ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve