Re: making github a curl citizen, or curl a better githubber

From: Patrick Watson <patrick_at_patrickwatson.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:26:54 -0500

Another possible alternative is to make the standard be that people create
a pull request on github but are still required to send an email to this
group announcing the pull request, briefly explaining it's purpose, and
providing a link to it. That way this email list still at least get a
notification but would be spared from a potential flood of automated
messages. However, I can foresee confusion on if resulting discussions
should occur via email or via github.

For example:
Subject: Adding support for AwesomeProtocol
Body: I have created a pull request that adds support for the
AwesomeProtocol, which is documented at
http://www.example.com/AwesomeProtocol. Blah blah blah. Please review the
pull request at https://github.com/bagder/curl/pull/<IDHere>.

Patrick