Re: CURLcode error messages

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 13:18:15 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Carolina Lueders wrote:

> Unfortunately there are some CURLcodes that I could not completely
> understand, is there any source where those codes are exemplified?

Usually the absolutely best way to figure out an error code is to find the
source code that can return it and see what the problem is that makes that get
returned.

> CURLE_SEND_ERRO(55)

Typcially a function that sends data (mostly that is sending data on a socket)
fails.

> CURLE_REC_ERROR(56)

A function that receives network data returns error.

> Those two refer to "Failed sending/receiving network data". Network data
> here means data exchanged by the protocol to stablish connection or it means
> the data that is being transferred from/to the server? An example would help
> to clarify.

An example of a transfer that fails?

> CURLE_CHUNK_FAILED(88)
> This could happen during the writing of a received file?

Receiving: "Chunk callback reported error" as it is explained in
libcurl-errors. The chunk callbacks are the ones known as
CURLOPT_CHUNK_BGN_FUNCTION and CURLOPT_CHUNK_END_FUNCTION.