RE: SF bug 1456 and associated commits

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:06:46 +0100

Steve Holme wrote:
>> I've reproduced it: please find the mail data in attachment.
> However I don't believe that was the user's issue - I understand he
was using my fix and specifying --crlf / CURLOPT_CRLF but was still
getting problems :(

Got it: the state is not saved properly between two data chunks.
That means if you submit \n terminated lines one at a time, this will
fail, even if you set the CURLOPT_CRLF option.

Unfortunately this cannot be simulated with the curl command on W$.
I've modified the smtp-mail.c example to exhibit this problem. Please
find it in attachment. Adjust FROM, TO, SERVER. Link with git version of
curl. Use wireshark.

Patrick