Re: building with nghttp2 + ssl

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 17:13:17 +0100

Hi Daniel,
On 26.10.2014 16:48, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I'm fine with doing this check as long as we can be reasonably sure it
> is the correct one. But then I'd also suggest we remove the checks from
> configure again since they are then pointless and unnecessary.
I believe we can - OpenSSL 1.0.2 is already beta3, so very unlikely that
these functions are removed again; and even if so then its just a matter
of increasing the version number to be checked ...
see also the 1st part of vtls/openssl.c where are already many such
feature tests based on the version number ...

> Alternatively, we add this new check as an OR to the former check so
> that we can detect the functions with configure OR deem them present
> based on the version number.
I dont think this is necessary; if the configure check remains then it
should be modified to bail out if nghttp2 + ssl is enabled and OpenSSL
version is not sufficient; that would have the benefit that the user
would already be informed at configure stage instead of getting a
compilation break close to the end of make stage ...
but I would need a helping hand here since I fear I probably break
configure when implementing this self ... :-(

Gün.