Re: PATCH: new patch to support http messages over UDP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 16:06:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014, KALLEL Mohamed wrote:

> It's required to send http messages over UDP some times for notification
> purposes. Now I want to use the same stack (libcurl) to send HTTP messages
> over UDP

My concern here is that you don't seem to want "HTTP over UDP". You only want
a limited subset of a single HTTP message sent (and only sent) over UDP in a
rather quick and dirty way as I see it. I find this functionality too limited
to be interesting for libcurl - as it basically will not make anyone else
happy.

Apart from that, there's also a total lack of discussion or pointers on how
HTTP over UDP really should work!