rtsp authentication not working

From: Erik Janssen <erik.janssen_at_axis.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:57:44 +0200

Hi,

I noticed Basic/Digest authentication is not supported in libcurl. There are some older posts about this on the mailing list. There is this patch from long ago:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.library/32043

I applied this to the 7.38 sources and recompiled. It works like a charm. I can now successfully request video and metadata from the Axis IP cameras.

This e-mail to plead for inclusion of this fix in the library itself. With authentication-support libcurl is much nicer than live555, and simpler than gstreamer, for use with IP video cameras. Without, it is not useable. Why has it never been integrated?

Regards,

Erik