Re: PATCH: new patch to support http messages over UDP

From: KALLEL Mohamed <mohamed.kallel_at_pivasoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:29:56 +0100

Le 23/09/2014 15:33, Dan Fandrich a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:30:19AM +0100, KALLEL Mohamed wrote:
>> In fact I do not have a big idea about http protocol neither about
>> http over udp cases. But I see this request in the standard protocol
>> TR-069 cwmp (Amendment 5) and in this standard they require to send
>> HTTP messages over UDP and they are not asking to expect answer from
>> the server.
>> Ref of TR-069: http://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/download/TR-069_Amendment-5.pdf
>> (Annex M)
> I wonder if libcurl is even a good fit for that application. If no response
> is expected, then there's very little of HTTP necessary to support, only
> generating and formatting a few standard headers. If no response is expected,
> then features like authentication, SSL, timeouts, cookies, HTTP version
> negotiation and proxy support aren't possible so can't be used. All you're
> left with could be done with a printf and a sendto call. Why are you
> considering libcurl for this application?
In fact the standard requires an exchanges of SOAP messages over http
(over TCP connections) with a server. So that's why I choosed to use
libcurl for my program. In a later version of the standard, It's
required to send http messages over UDP some times for notification
purposes. Now I want to use the same stack (libcurl) to send HTTP
messages over UDP
MOHAMED Kallel
EasyCwmp maintainer
www.easycwmp.org